Walk Like an Egyptian
Here's a list of things I enjoy, despite my attitudes toward theism:
- I cover the song "Last Kiss"
- I love Collective Soul
- the Sistine Chapel is breathtaking, even in photographs
- Christian radio programs make me laugh
- I dabble in close-up magic
- I play Magic: The Gathering
- I say "oh my god", "oh god", "god damn it", and sometimes even "bless you"
- Signs scared the shit out of me
- some of my favorite people are theists
- I read fantasy stories (including the Bible)
- I regularly watch TV series like The X-Files, Reaper, and Supernatural
- Amazing Grace, if done well, can move me to tears
I do all kinds of things that might seem hypocritical -- I practice science...WTF am I doing playing "Magic"?! It's only hypocritical if I believe that "magic" is real. Religious art, music, and customs can be appreciated at face value without the need for their belief. I don't have to think the Devil is real to enjoy a bad-ass rendering of him. We can sing "Santa Claus is coming to town" without actually believing it!