Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hello (Godless) World

WTF? Who are you?
It's tough harboring dissenting opinions, especially when everywhere you turn you see the opposing majority. I know. I'm the Small Town Atheist. I'll be using the handle STA for now, simply because my identity is not important. Those who need to know will know me, but I intentionally remain obscure for the basic purposes of this blog: I know what it's like to be a minority (a very, very minor minority), and I want to be able to represent and connect with others and help out where I can. That's what I'm doing here.

So, Why A Blog?
This blog is a place for me (and you) to rant about theism and the like, share viewpoints, and help spread the good word. I'm aiming is at my fellow freethinkers, but if you are a person of faith, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

What's the plan?
In these next couple of posts I'll cover "Atheism 101", just to have a place for those less familiar with my position to get their feet wet. In future posts I'll cover the basic defenses of my viewpoint with a few critiques of religion in the process. In other posts I'll talk about books, movies, and events pertaining to atheism, religion, etc. I'll share my comments on events in my own personal life and try to relate it to the larger picture of atheism in America. I'm not sure if there will be a schedule to my posts (I've been unsuccessful with those in the past), but I will try to post at the very least once a month, but probably many more if something sticks in my craw.

That's all for now. My apologies for this hurried and drab intro. Future posts will be a bit more exciting, I'm sure. I hope you enjoy your time spent here, and if nothing else, learn something. I'll try to address every comment (worth a response) and answer any question I can. Change starts with thought.

-STA

No comments:

Translate