Wednesday, May 27, 2009

W's Religious War

Recently declassified briefings from the Bush administration further reveal the link between our current war and religion. The cover sheets to these documents are adorned with pictures of troops and other war images captioned with quotes from the Christian bible. These briefings were delivered by Rumsfeld to the White House. Although this propaganda wasn't directly sent to the troops themselves, the fact of the matter is that those in power believed war was the correct course of action because of their religious belief. I think the images speak for themselves.


-STA

2 comments:

Christian Magazine said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought Bush's motive for invading Iraq was a mixture of revenge for the purported assassination attempt on his father and oil greed and seeing an opportunity due to 9/11.

I figure religion probably played a part (mostly to motivate the Republican fundie supporters), but after reading this, consider Bush a batwing religious crazy fucktard who should be put away in a mental asylum:

"Incredibly, President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

Honest. This isn’t a joke. The president of the United States, in a top-secret phone call to a major European ally, asked for French troops to join American soldiers in attacking Iraq as a mission from God."


The rest of the article can be found here: href="http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php?section=library&page=haught_29_5" target="_blank">

- Fastthumbs

Translate